UX Design Leader
Skylight (https://skylight.digital/) is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service. (It’s an exciting time to join us!)
We work closely with our clients to build-up their own capacity to deliver useful, usable, enduring, and secure digital services. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding: millions of people — from veterans to immigrants — depend on government services to fulfill their needs every day.
Your initial challenge will be to help transform how the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation designs, develops, and tests innovative healthcare payment and service delivery models. These models ultimately impact the quality of care that over 100 million Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries experience. And are supported by dozens of multidisciplinary product teams involving hundreds of practitioners.
What you’ll do:
- Formulate and communicate a powerful vision of what great design could be for the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation
- Infuse design principles and practices across the entire organization through advising, coaching, and leading at multiple levels, including executives and product teams
- Find, cultivate, and support the empowerment of additional design leaders to accelerate the transition to a design-centric organization
- Continually communicate and advocate for the role and value of design
- Represent Skylight's culture of delivery when interacting with government stakeholders (such as the U.S. Digital Service) and other contractors
What we’re looking for:
- Experience scaling design principles and practices across a large organization
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values (https://skylight.digital/culture/)
- Able to work frequently at the client’s location in Baltimore
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- Profit-sharing and/or bonus opportunities
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, vision, and more
- 401k match at 10% of your salary
- Unlimited paid time-off policy
- $2,000 continuing education allowance, including conference events
- Time to focus on activities such as learning & development, open-source projects, and community outreach
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
- Potential for relocation assistance if willing to move to a HUBZone area (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map). (Read more about us being a HUBZone: https://skylight.digital/about/#hubzone.)
Note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.